Profile: Film Biz Recycling

A little bit about another great organization in the area. 

Film Biz Recycling will be celebrating the opening of their own space this month after already making a huge impact on the reuse world. While the organization came together Eva has made it a case to be front and center when it comes to helping find a solution for the culture of waste that exists in certain areas of the arts.

 

Some information from their director:
Since May of 2008, we have taken in donated set dressing from over 85 productions. We are proud that an estimated 90% the items taken in are donated to local charities, arts organizations and other non-profits, and are now delighted to showcase the remaining 10% at our open house.
Join us for wine and nibbles are you stroll the aisles of what was once potential landfill. These items, purchased for film, TV and commercials are now rentals – promoting reuse and potentially saving the next production the effort and expense of buying the same items again and again.
New York City not only has a new prop house, but an alternative to old habits and practices and a means to benefit the environment and the community.
More information at:
 
Eva Radke
Founder, President
Film Biz Recycling

 

About inahmedwetrust

Ahmed Tigani is a professional creative thinker / problem solver and life long resident of NYC. Topics of interest include urban planning, improv, US history, Mexican food and ESPN Page 2 column.
This entry was posted in Recipient Spotlight. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s